Kahlua-Pecan Brown Sugar Baked Brie
- 1 whole wheel of Brie (16oz. or 19 oz.)
- 1 cup Kahlua
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup pecans (either halves or chopped – your preference), toasted*
Accompaniments: Crackers or Apples
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Start by carefully slicing the rind off the top of the Brie wheel but do not remove it completely. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the Brie bakes: in a medium saucepan, bring Kahlua and brown sugar to a boil and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until mixture turns to syrup. Add pecans and gently stir until they are completely covered with sauce.
- Remove Brie from oven (removing top rind) and pour Kahlua sauce over the Brie. Serve warm with crackers.
*Personal preference to toast but pecans are delicious in this recipe not toasted.
Pecan “Milk” Punch
- Bake 1 cup chopped pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring once. Cool 10 minutes.
- Process pecans, ½ cup cane syrup, 1 tablespoon cream of coconut, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, ½ teaspoon vanilla and a pinch of salt in a food processor 30 to 60 seconds or until smooth.
- With processor running, pour 1 cup water through food chute. Press mixture through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a pitcher, using back of spoon. Discard solids.
- Cover and chill 3 to 24 hours.
- Stir in ¼ cup bourbon just before serving. Serve over ice. Garnish with sweetened whipped cream and fresh mint leaves, if desired.
*Note: Rum may be substituted for bourbon or alcoholic beverage may be omitted.
Pecan Pie Supreme Brownies
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 box (1 1lb 2.4 oz) triple chunk brownie mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom only of 13 x 9-inch pan with cooking spray or shortening.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and eggs until well blended. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture just begins to boil. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and pecans.
- Make brownie batter as directed on brownie mix box for cake like brownies. Spread in pan. Spoon pecan topping evenly over batter.
- Bake 33 to 38 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely, about one hour. For 36 brownies, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows. May also cut into wedges and served with a dollop of whipped cream.
Georgia Pecan Growers Association
(P.O. Box 1367)
Tifton, Georgia 31794